2014 Avant-Garde Masters Grant Winners
Anthology Film Archives (New York)
- Globe (1971), Ken Jacobs's 3D view of the streets of Binghamton, New York.
Bard College (New York)
- FF (1986), Julie Murray’s assemblage of rephotgraphed images from pop culture.
- Tr’cheot’my P’sy (1988), Julie Murray’s fast-paced feminist collage.
- A Legend of Parts (1988), parodic history of civilization by Julie Murray, assembled from found footage and 3D postcards.
- Conscious (1993), Julie Murray’s collage of educational and science films.
New York University (New York)
- Simonland (1984), Tommy Turner’s absurdist parody of televangelism, made with Richard Kern.
- Rat Trap (1985), Tommy Turner and Tessa Hughes-Freeland’s examination of the perils of substance abuse.
UCLA Film & Television Archive (California)
- The Books of Ed Ruscha (ca. 1969), tongue-in-cheek reading of the artist’s books by musician Mason Williams.
Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research (Wisconsin)
- Butterfly (1967), abstract Vietnam war protest by Shirley Clarke and her daughter Wendy.
- 24 Frames Per Second (1977), Shirley Clarke’s rapid-fire montage of classic Persian miniatures.